Sunday, April 20, 2008

Headed South

I am really excited to tell you all that I am got my site placement for the next two years, and I am going to Berat!  It is going to be awesome.  It is in the center of Albania and a very historical city.  It is a great location for travel, and they have volunteers there and active for many years!  If you guys remember me talking about reading Blogs from James and Katie....they were in Berat, too!    I am really looking forward to spending my two years there.  

2 comments:

Bonnie B said...

LOVE reading about Albania through your eyes. We're glad you've proven your Turkish toilet readiness but hope you won't have to practice too much. It's so interesting what you wrote about how much of the Albanian mindset is a reaction to the Communist past - littering and not posting prices, not volunteering, etc.
Going to fix supper now. We're not having gielle. Bonnie B

Holmes Kids said...

Hey QT... i love you sooooo much and miss your beautiful face in my life, i miss the twinkle in your eyes. i hope that we will see you sometime before the 2 years is. btw this is stephen if you haven't noticed. We (sarah, me, and Patrick) are excited that you like your site and love you alot. ill be waiting to marry you when you return to AMERICA.
LOVE,
Holmes boy, Holmes girl, and Patrick (the other love of your life)
"XOXO
holmes boy"