Sunday, March 2, 2008

Two Weeks and Counting

Two weeks from today I will be in a hotel in Philly, probably having dinner with some of my new peace corps friends,  friends that I will be living life with over the next few years.  Who knows...maybe two weeks from today will be the day that I will meet some of my lifelong friends!  Kind of exciting to think about it that way. 

I am really ready to leave, not to be away from home or friends, but to finally (after more than a year of application and anticipation) get this next chapter of my life started.  This week I am looking forward to buying my luggage, and making a list of what I will be putting in them.  I will be spending time with some special friend groups on Tuesday and Thursday, so there is definitely a lot to look forward to this week.


2 comments:

Chris Edwards said...

OMGosh... We had to say goodbye to Lauren last night as she is heading off to Albania for 2 YEARS...!!!

The earliest we can see her again is at Christmas (9 months from now) if we're lucky...!!!

Oh Well....We hope that she has a great time as she embarks on her “Great Adventure”…and we are looking forward to reading her Blogs and hearing all her stories when she returns.

Good Luck….and see you soon.

Chris, Tana, & Mackenzie

Hillary said...

Hey Heger! Had a great time at the neighborhood crew lunch today! Much love.