Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Macedonia

This guy was the captain of his own "ship".  He just sat all day in his little dingy, waiting to pick up passengers for a lake tour.  I would ride with him...his hat definitely says CAPTAIN!

The lake on the Macedonia side was a home for Swans.  The lake on the Albanian side is home to a lot of garbage.  On the Macedonia side I even saw recreational boats, and maybe even a skier and a wakeboarder.

They have a castle, too, just like Berat.  Unfortunately, it was closed to the inside because I went to visit on their Independence Day.

Saw this stool at a street side cafe.  I love TEXAS!!!!

The group that I went with.  The girl next to me is Eva.  She is my counterpart and works as the mayors secretary.  The man to my right is Ladi.  He works in the tourism office.  We do most of my work here at the bashkia together.  The other man is the artist that was doing a show in a village outside lake Ohrid.  

View from the "boardwalk" were I spent most of my time relaxing.  It was just beautiful!


This past weekend I got a "Free Pass" out of the country to Macedonia, which is a bordering country to the east of Albania.  It was sooo great to be out of country, if only for just one night.  I got to sit by Lake Ohrid and just relax.  He have created a little photo journal of my time there.  One side note, you know that you miss America when the first thing that you do on vacations is head straight for the McDonalds (which I never really ate in America) and after that, go straight for the grocery store!

No comments: