Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall is here

And just like that, summer is over.  For the last few days it has been rainy, and now that the rain is gone, the weather has gotten really cool.  Fall has arrived!  Although my house is not that cold...yet...I am learning ways to keep warm.  I have like 3 blankets on my bed already, and I bought a hot water bottle to keep in my bed with me.  It's kinda like I am sleeping with a little puppy, as it's about that size, and "she" keeps me warm all night.  

This weekend I will look for a wood stove.  I have a gas/electric unit that works great, but for heat, the wood stoves are the best.  My house is set up to accommodate one, so if I can buy one for a good price, I'll be set.  Soon, I will be moving my bed into the main room and sealing the windows.  I'll be like a little Eskimo, warm inside my igloo.

On another note, I am eagerly awaiting my mom's arrival to Albania.  She will get her on the 29th of this month, so just a little over a week to go.  And, today is a big day, as it is the 6 month anniversary of my arrival to Albania!  I have to say that although there are days that I long to be at home, I am still really glad to be here, working and experiencing such a different life.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow 6 months already! I hope you have a great time with your mom!! Miss you!