Friday, June 27, 2008

Week Two Report

So, I have been in site for two weeks now.  Time is going by a little more slowly here than it did in training.  It is weird to go from overly-programed training schedule to days that you really have to self initiate if you want to get anything done.  My days at the bashkia (municipal building) are passing slow.  Right now I am spending the mornings here, and then going home around noon.  It just gets too hot to stay here after that.  The "Big Heat" has come to Albanian and we can definitely feel it.  It is not much cooler (only a few degrees) here than it is in Dallas.  One big difference...no AC!!!!  You just pretty much sweat all the time.  

My sitemates here are pretty great.  Marisa is a PCV that has been at site for one year already.  Getting to know her is fun and she is really willing to help me integrate into our little community.  She also has some really good ides for projects and is excited to have someone to work on them with.  Right now, we have a youth group that we are running and are meeting students several times during the week to practice english and study for the SAT's. There is enough to keep busy for now.

This weekend I am going to another site in Albania.  Erseka is in the south-eastern part of Albania.  On the way I will stop in at my host family for a visit.  It will be nice to see them again and get a homemade meal!  When we arrive in Erseka on Saturday, we are going on a gorge hike with several other volunteers.  Should be really great scenery, and I am excited to see some of my friends that will be coming in for the trip that I haven't seen since our swearing in!

FYI..I have posted several new albums on Flickr Photos.  Follow the link that I have set up on this page, and take a look.  There are many more to come...they are just slow to load.


No comments: